Inclusion of Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities: Supports in the General Education Classroom
TIES Center and the IRIS Center have jointly produced a free educator professional development module on inclusive instruction for students with significant cognitive disabilities. The module provides information on the benefits of inclusion, and ways that teachers can support students with significant cognitive disabilities in the inclusive general education classroom.
The IRIS module aligns with the following licensure and program standards and topic areas:
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Division for Early Childhood Recommended Practices (DEC)
- Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
A professional development certificate is available upon completion of the module, if you register.
Note: If you are registering yourself, add this course to your cart. If you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to create one during check out.